Friday, May 18, 2012

It's been a while since I've updated this! I'm actually packing things up around here now. 5 more days of school! We are going to be in a new room next year and have to clear out this room to make room for all day kindergartners! Here are some projects I've worked on here and there throughout the year:

 
I have discovered Mod Podge and have gone NUTS! :) I even made some of my own Mod Podge (much, much cheaper than buying it) Equal parts glue and water and shake! Instant Mod Podge! My new love affair with this glue has lead me to one goal: MUST MAKE ALL CONTAINERS CUTE! Ha! I've been collecting (with the help of my family) containers of all shapes and sizes. Add some scrapbook paper and VIOLA! Cheap and adorable storage solutions! Resourceful AND easy on the wallet.
 
The bird container stores some very special pins used during my guided reading groups.
(Wow, these are a big deal to kiddos.)
 READ bookmarks with story prompts and questions to ask after reading are stored inside the Pirates.


I use binders to house my games/word sorts/etc. But they are busting at the seams! I will need to think of a more practical storage for these guided reading tools. 

I came across a book at the library with reproducible word wheels, of course I began the long task of coloring, cutting and laminating. After all of that I'm pretty pleased with the result:



Each "word family" wheel turns to make a new word within that particular word family: cake, lake, snake The student reads the word and if they need a hint they can lift the flap and use the picture for a clue.


*******************************************************************
The school year my be ending but I'm constantly working toward my ultimate goal, to have my very own classroom! I am still collecting containers and am currently in the process of covering all of them to use in my classroom someday. I figure I will put in the hard work now so that when it finally happens I can focus less on vanity items and more on teaching. Oh who am I kidding, I will always be worried about things looking & being    j-u-s-t   s-o,  but this will make me that much more ahead!


 
While adding these pictures I came across this adorable picture of my niece, Karley, who will be 2 tomorrow! WDT! 
  If this smile doesn't make you smile, check your pulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment